The South Shore Pastoral Charge of the United Church of Canada was formed on January 1, 2006, bringing together four congregations; Bonshaw, Hampton, Tryon and Victoria, to worship in the church building at Tryon.
The inaugural service was held on July 2, 2006. In 2008 an extension was completed to accommodate the Minister’s study and Secretary’s office which were previously located in the former Crapaud United Church, and to provide additional classrooms, fellowship room, archives and library.We respect the histories and traditions of the four previous congregations and have integrated numerous artefacts and furnishings from all the churches; for example, the Presbyterian table and chair from Bonshaw, the Stained Glass Window from Hampton, and the Marble Baptismal Font from Victoria. In 1992 the building was designated as a National Historic Site to commemorate 200 years of Methodist roots, and to recognize this fine example of Gothic architecture designed by the famous architect, William Critchlow Harris, 1854-1913. The Archives Room contains histories, information and pictures of all the former churches.